Saturday 8 October 2016

Reports were abuzz that Veteran Actress and Rajya Sabha MP Rekha has spent money for the renovation of girls college and school in Hema Malini's Mathura constituency.

Hema Malini clarifies: 'Yes, I have received funds to the tune of Rs 47 lakh for renovation works of two educational institutions in my constituency. But, Its not her money but MPLADS Fund (Each MP is entitled to use Rs 5 crore per annum for development works). I have used my quota of Rs 5 crore for Mathura already. As Rekha's fund remains unspent, I asked her for the release of fund to my constituency and she obliged'.



Mathura MP reveals convincing Rekha to allot the fund for renovation works wasn't an easy talk even though she is her friend. After convincing Rekha and her Secretary, Rs 35 lakh was granted for Raman Girl's Degree College and another Rs 12 lakh for Kasturba Gandhi Girls School.

The Veteran Actress told she feels ashamed to see pathetic condition of educational institutions where underprivileged study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Facebook